Grab a buddy and commit to 5 weeks of clean eating– free of sugar and processed foods. It’s the perfect time to set some new healthy habits and get back into good routines. The winning team will be determined based on each team’s points, average improvements in performance, measurements, and weekly check-ins.
We will use a simple point system and winners will receive a cash prize and bragging rights, plus all of the awesomeness that comes with eating clean and exercising. The log sheets will be available at the gym starting on Tuesday September 4th.
What you need to do:
- Signup at the gym.
- Bring $25 entry fee by September 10th ($40 if you are not an MCF member).
- There is an option to sign up as an individual, but we’re happy to help people find partners. Only teams are eligible for the cash prize.
- Complete the benchmark workout at the beginning and end of the challenge (Sept. 10th and Oct. 15th).
- Take your measurements at the beginning and end of the challenge (we can do this at the gym).
- Eat clean and keep track of your daily points. Be honest when recording what you’re eating.
- Communicate with your partner.
- You will be added to a Clean Eating Facebook Group where we can share recipes, resources and tips to help each other stay on track.
What can I eat?
JUST EAT REAL FOOD!
- NUTS & SEEDS
- UNPROCESSED MEAT or TOFU
- LEGUMES (no peanuts)
- NATURAL SUGAR (1 tbsp a day of raw honey, maple syrup, or stevia)
- PROTEIN POWDERS ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR SNACKS.
How to Earn Points:
- It’s possible to earn 10 points per week. Here’s how:
- Daily Points (5)
- 1 point for eating clean all day. * We are allowed 1 cheat meal each week.
- 1 point for drinking 8 glasses of water each day.
- 1 point for getting 7 hours of sleep.
- 1 point for spending 30 minutes doing something relaxing for yourself each day– reading, walking, meditating, yoga– whatever you like, but it has to be technology-free time.
- 1 point for logging points and checking in with your partner each day.
- Weekly Points
- 5 points for completing 5 workouts each week (1 point for each workout completed, up to 5). These workouts can be at the gym, or elsewhere.
- Log sheets will be available at the gym beginning on Tuesday, September 4th.
Clean Eating Important Dates
- Kick-off WOD/measurements: Monday, September 10th (daily log points start as of midnight on Sunday, September 9th)
- Final WOD/measurements: Monday, October 15, 2018 (daily log points end as of midnight on Sunday, October 14th.)
- Clean eating potluck celebration on Saturday, October 20th. More details to follow.
- What if I can’t make the kick-off or final WOD? No worries! We have plenty of open gym time (anytime between classes) for you to come in and complete it.
- What if I’m traveling/hosting a party/going to a happy hour during the next four weeks? The time is never going to be exactly right and you’ll always have an excuse. If you never step up to the challenge, all you’ll have are excuses.
- What if my question wasn’t answered here? Email email@example.com